How to Shield
I teach a whole class around what shielding is and why we do it, and start all my clients with this practice. This is not intended to give you all that info, but just to serve as a reminder for all the steps to walk through for those who have already learned this with me in person. This specific set of shielding instructions is something I have developed over many years of working with this practice, and with clients, on a daily basis, to be the most effective and useful. If you haven’t done shielding with me before, you might be able to work it out just from the directions below, but I encourage you to seek help from a practitioner of the Balanzu Way–any of whom can teach you–to really get it down the first time.
1. Sit or lay in a comfortable position. Begin by breathing deeply and allowing yourself to relax into the space.
2. Now imagine opening a flow of white, divine light from above, allowing it to rush down through the crown of your head, clear and strong like water, sweeping all the way through your body, and out through your feet. Allow it to clear and cleanse anything in its way.
3. When that light is flowing clear and strong, shift it to the right-hand side of your body, flowing out your right foot only.
4. Now imagine a flow of deep red energy, rushing up from the center of the earth like a geyser, shooting all the way up through your left foot, through the left side of your body, and out through the top of your head on the left side. Allow that energy to run clear and strong, clearing and cleansing anything in its way.
5. When both channels are running strong, go ahead and release their separation, allowing them to merge into one channel, with the white energy and red energy flowing effortlessly past each other, a perfect conduit between earth and sky.
6. When you’re ready, tell that energy to pop out into a bubble around you, a few feet above your head, and a few feet below your feet, with the cords of energy from above and below still flowing through and around it, feeding it like umbilical cords.
7. See and feel the strong flow of energy around, and feel that shield like a soap bubble or membrane. Although it may look like a bubble, feel how strong and flexible it is, it’s like you could push against it with your hand and it would flex like a balloon.
8. Filter your cords: Ask your guides to help you filter all your energetic cords to other people. In your mind, you can imagine it like a mesh screen or a coffee filter, or anything you’d like. You don’t even have to know or be aware of what the guides are doing, just ask them to do it and trust that it is so.
9. Program both your shield and the cord filters: tell them not to allow any difficult or negative emotions to pass through in either direction, but to still allow love and goodness to flow freely both ways.
10. Drain: Once all your shields and cord filters are in place, imagine a whirlpool at the bottom of your shield, allowing yourself to release anything you may have taken on from others already, or any of your own difficult or negative emotions. Feel it just like a whirlpool of water draining, rinsing through you and releasing all that doesn’t serve you.
11. Allow yourself a moment to bask in the feeling of clarity and safety that surrounds you. Remember that you need and deserve this. Having our own boundaries is the best thing we can do for everyone around us.
12. If you have other layers of shielding to do, pop them out around the outside of the basic bubble. Visualize, feel it, program it.
13. Tell the shield to stay in place until the next time you’re planning to re-shield, perhaps in the morning or before bed.
14. Release the imagery and your focus, knowing that your shields are held. You’ve diverted universal and earth energy to create them, so they’ll run strong even without you needing to think about or attend to them.
15. Remember to shield at least once every day, and check on it as often as you feel it’s needed.
© 2018 Jai Medina